Effervescent

This is just my temporary blog till I create my own on my site, one that actually counts statistics (posts, profile views, etc) correctly.

Name:
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka

There's way too much to type.

2005-01-12

The Towel: A tool used to expose the workings of the mind

I believe you can tell a lot about the way a persons mind works by the way they dry their body after a shower.

I mean...think about it, it's almost a subconscious act...you come out of the shower thinking you want to get dry, so, you take the towel and start wiping. This is where it gets interesting; different people have different approaches to drying themselves.

I can think of three types...

  1. The methodical ones who dry part by part ("first I will dry my hair, followed by the ears - nicely, behind them and inside, then face, now under my chin blah blah blah")
  2. The random ones ("er there's some water here, let's wipe there first...")
  3. The I don't care type ("wipe here, wipe there, and there....wait, I'm dry enough already")
There probably are a million more!
Now, I just can't wait to get older and maybe become a scientist who studies this sort of thing...Peta Wilson would be someone I would consider observing for this experiment.
Bane Smiley

4 Comments:

Blogger Flamsmark said...

well, then you have the glactic hitch-hikers who still have their towels. any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with

January 12, 2005 at 3:59 AM  
Blogger PHPCoder said...

@ Flamsmark:
haha, yeah, but such a man must also consider visiting a supermarket (I hear there are some good ones along the galaxy) and getting new towels :)

I have a wierd way of drying up...first, I'm like a dog, shaking the water off, making funny noises like those crazy cartoon characters and then I hit the towel. Yeah, I need to see a shrink, someday.

January 14, 2005 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Flamsmark said...

you are obviously a cool frood

April 30, 2005 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger PHPCoder said...

You are obviously cooler since you actually know the meaning of the word 'frood' :)

April 30, 2005 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home