Effervescent

This is just my temporary blog till I create my own on my site, one that actually counts statistics (posts, profile views, etc) correctly.

Name:
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka

There's way too much to type.

2005-01-14

Why I wouldn't want to leave this place.

That sunrise, that sunset. That area of glowing crimson over the sea. Those crimson spears making holes in the already tattered clouds. Streaks of stray threads of clouds blowing in the sky. The sand by the sea glinting, only temporarily made beautiful by the sunrise/sunset. Borrowed beauty.
A hut made of wood stands by the ocean, by a tree. An object created by man so small, so unworthy of the ocean, a most imperfect creation, stands so defiantly with pride in its faults, against the vast ocean.
Without the ugly, you cannot appreciate the beautiful. Imperfection is beauty without limits.

Seeing dim yellow street lights whizz by while you're in the car which is dark inside, except for the dashboard. The yellow only hits your face below your eyes because the portion above that is shadowed by the car roof. The air conditioner maybe on or off, you don't care. It doesn't matter. You don't feel. What exists in this space and time, is you and what is ahead of you...no, not the road, the journey.

You are walking and you look down only for a moment but in that moment, you spend an eternity. In that moment, you live your life. In that moment, everyting is clear. Your goals, your wishes, your thoughts, your hopes, your plans, your allegiances, your beliefs.
Nothing else exists in that moment. You are a soul in the universe, trapped in a body among other souls trapped in other bodies. There is more to achieve than what this vessel has the potential to. This is our test.
If you look at your hand hard enough, you don't see your hand. You see the vessel you are in. You are your mind.


wow...that was a trip.
Some of the above mentioned are reasons I wouldn't want to leave this country. But, in my line of work, Sri Lanka isn't the best place so I have no choice but to migrate one day. Maybe when I'm older and I'm a billionnaire ;), I can come to Sri Lanka and live by the sea, on the coast. A Tsunami can take me away if it wants, I just want to live by the sea...of course my private jet would be close by, just in case I feel like I need a temporary change ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger PHPCoder said...

Hey, you only have a few days left ;)

But, think about it. I get to see all this everyday :P lol

You want me to be your tour guide? Sure....wait, I get paid for being your guide, right? haha

Anyway, get here soon. It's been aaaages since you last visited!
It will be like old times again! :D

January 17, 2005 at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home